BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 18, 2008

I can still remember the 1st time I joined scouts. It was when I was still in Standard 4 if I’m not wrong. I was still not active at that time. Well at that time I was still in primary school and the teachers didn’t really know what to let us do. Can’t really blame the teachers though, they are also not sure of what activities to let us participate in. Other than that, parents over protective towards their children and thus giving the teachers a big headache.

The time when I was really active in scouts was in Form 1 and Form 2. I can still remember the scouter that I 1st met, Sir Timothy. Then it was Sir Nicholas that brought me through the recruit stage as well as the starting of the junior stage. Then that was when Seck Houng came in and brought a few of us to the next level, the Usaha Badge. He is a good leader, have good personality but the one bad thing about him is he likes to nag at you when you don’t finish the job or when he gives u a job. At that time me, Huey Lin, Sooi Kee, Geoffrey, Kian Min and Caely kind of formed a gang to take tests and did all kinds of stupid activities. During that time, Sir Thiam Kuon was so strict that whatever test you take will take you few weeks to pass it. The funniest thing is that Caely failed her fire lighting test more than 20 times. XD

When I was at the end of Form 2, I got the Junior Troop Leader post. A lot of people were not very happy about the post holders. I did try my best to improve the juniors but I admit that I didn’t do a good job. I kind of lack of self confidence and I am not daring enough to do a lot of stuff. That year was when my gang started to split. Some of the member became inactive and quitted.

Then in Form 4, I become a senior patrol leader of the Megat Terawis patrol and the assistant troop QM. There weren’t many happenings due to the fact that we were new to the seniors. I myself didn’t really do anything except cleaning the QM and troop meetings in that year.

And now, after the Annual General Meeting that was held in last year October, I had been chosen as the Troop Leader. Its time to change and return something back to scouts since scouts had already given me so many things. All the suffering, happiness, sadness, and so many more that are priceless.

original text from k1nm3ng, edited by YU

k1nm3ng...156...missing---- ---

1 comments:

lim seck houng (ęž—é€‚å®) said...

reading this post reminds me of my own scouting years..
Happy to see that you have the correct mentality for scouting as a troop leader.
Good luck and all the best.